1) Captain’s Day at Royal Limburg last Saturday.
The Limburg course is still not fully settled following Winter renovation work to bunkers and approaches. Even so, it was good to be back and IGC players clearly enjoyed themselves with many solid score cards returned.
2) This coming weekend sees the start of the wonderful Royal Trophy on Friday afternoon at Royal Sart Tilman.
- 9 intrepid IGCers will be hoping to master those steeply sloping greens and post a score somewhere close to level handicap.
- Next round will be Friday June 1st at Ravenstein ( my favourite golfing treat of the year ) so please sign up noting the course handicap limit in operation ( 20,4 ).
- This Saturday is May Monthly Medal at L’Empereur – already a good field registered for that.
- Sunday, I’m a little sad to see only 2 players registered for Falnuee. We all know what a great course and friendly welcome awaits us at Falnuee. It would be a pity to have to cancel the event so please support the fixture list and sign up for Sunday too.
- Staying at Hotel Le Manoir at Le Touquet
- Playing Hardelot Les Dunes, Belle Dune, La Mer at le Touquet and Wimereux – all excellent courses.
What’s not to like ?!?!
- Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Golf at L’Empereur – 08.30 start.
- Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Celebration Dinner at Hulencourt GC – 7.30pm – partners also warmly welcome.
- Sunday 24th June 2018 – Golf ( with hangovers ) at Enghien GC – 10.00am start.
Please support all 3 elements of our celebration weekend.
- First, incorrect scoring, often incorrect arithmetic and incorrect allocation of Stableford points. Please take care and get it right first time.
- Secondly, please ensure that you play from the correct tee identified in the start list and confirmed on your card.
P.S. Don’t forget to check out the photo album too.