After a week of golfing and working in the UK, I’m back with your weekly IGC Club update.
1) Captain’s Day at Royal Limburg last Saturday.
A 30 – strong turnout included the return of Arthur Thompson following a remarkably short recuperation. It was great to see him looking so well and strong.
The Limburg course is still not fully settled following Winter renovation work to bunkers and approaches. Even so, it was good to be back and IGC players clearly enjoyed themselves with many solid score cards returned.
Congratulations to winner Patrick Zaman just edging out yet another remarkable round from Colton Bangs ( how low can he go ? ), both just one shot ahead of 3rd placed Nigel Butler. Many thanks to Barry McAlpine for his sponsorship once again.
2) This coming weekend sees the start of the wonderful Royal Trophy on Friday afternoon at Royal Sart Tilman.
- 9 intrepid IGCers will be hoping to master those steeply sloping greens and post a score somewhere close to level handicap.
- Next round will be Friday June 1st at Ravenstein ( my favourite golfing treat of the year ) so please sign up noting the course handicap limit in operation ( 20,4 ).
- This Saturday is May Monthly Medal at L’Empereur – already a good field registered for that.
- Sunday, I’m a little sad to see only 2 players registered for Falnuee. We all know what a great course and friendly welcome awaits us at Falnuee. It would be a pity to have to cancel the event so please support the fixture list and sign up for Sunday too.
3) Match Play – time is running out for the 1st Round window.
Please take action now and set up your match if you are one of the unplayed fixtures.
As soon as you have played your match send the results to [email protected] so that we can update the Match Play form on the web site and contenders can see who to play next.
4) Stay and Play 2019.
With incredible efficiency – details of Stay and Play 2019 can already be revealed.
We will return to Northern France , this time at the end of May, avoiding Inter- Clubs and hoping for marginally better weather.
Pop this in your diary for now with more details to follow …..
Thursday May 30th to Sunday June 2nd 2018.
- Staying at Hotel Le Manoir at Le Touquet
- Playing Hardelot Les Dunes, Belle Dune, La Mer at le Touquet and Wimereux – all excellent courses.
La Mer will have matured following renovation 3 years ago, and we will stay at Le Manoir directly opposite the brand new Le Touquet Club House.
What’s not to like ?!?!
5) IGC 30th Anniversary celebration weekend.
Full details next week – but block your diary …..
- Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Golf at L’Empereur – 08.30 start.
- Saturday 23rd June 2018 – Celebration Dinner at Hulencourt GC – 7.30pm – partners also warmly welcome.
- Sunday 24th June 2018 – Golf ( with hangovers ) at Enghien GC – 10.00am start.
Please support all 3 elements of our celebration weekend.
6) Finally – a gentle request for co-operation.
Committee has encountered a small number of errors when entering score cards after competitions.
Two issues :
- First, incorrect scoring, often incorrect arithmetic and incorrect allocation of Stableford points. Please take care and get it right first time.
- Secondly, please ensure that you play from the correct tee identified in the start list and confirmed on your card.
Sorry to say, but the Club will allocate tees in advance. It is not a matter for personal choice on the day.
High temperatures and strong sunlight will be bestowed upon us this weekend.
Enjoy, stay cool, and don’t forget the sun block.
See you soon,
P.S. Don’t forget to check out the photo album too.
Captain’s Day at Royal Limburg G&CC