Jed Royal is the 2020 Matchplay champion. Jed defeated Lynette Boydell 4 and 2 at Empereur.
|RULES|| Match Play (R&A 1996 – Rule 3)|
– Penalty for breach of rules – loss of hole.
|PLAY|| – On any recognised 18 hole course;|
– Play at any time, anywhere, during the official time limits as given below, and in line with the official entry / results table;
– May be played during an IGC event, but you may not also participate in the IGC competition that day.
– Tees to be agreed or determined by the winner of a toss of a coin – honour to be decided by the order of the draw.
– Time limits for completion of the rounds are as advised in the draw above; the Final must be played on or before the “Closing Cup”
– Players not completing their matches within the time limit may be disqualified.
– The person with the honour, as determined by the order of the draw, is responsible for ensuring that their match is scheduled according to the rules.
– If a date cannot be agreed upon, the Captain & Vice Captains will then decide the outcome of the match by a toss of a coin.
– strokes received.
|The lower handicap players plays off scratch.|
The higher handicap player receives 100% of the handicap difference based upon the playing handicap of the chosen course and tee.
For example: A has a playing handicap of 10, B has a playing
handicap of 27; B receives (27 – 10) x 100% = 17 strokes.
putt, hole or match
|Yes! At any time. A concession cannot be declined or subsequently withdrawn.|
||– The player who has more holes in advance of the number of remaining holes to play. For example: 3 up, with 2 to play.|
– The player who is present on the tee in the event of a “no show”.
||– The winner of a sudden-death play-off directly following the first 18 holes, starting at a convenient hole agreed by both players, and with the same strokes applicable at the same holes as during the preceding 18 holes.|